Have you registered to attend the third edition of QITCOM? Hurry and sign up to be a part of the nation’s largest Information Communication Technology conference set to take place May 26 to 28, 2014 at the Qatar National Convention Center.
Qatar is eager to adopt technologies and solutions that will assist in the journey towards becoming a knowledge-based economy. Already, the nation has experienced incredible growth over the last decade and recently, ranked 23rd globally in the World Economic Forum’s Network Readiness Index.
QITCOM 2014 is a product of this growth and is aimed at assisting not just an industry, but also the nation. The conference seeks to place global ICT into a local context, connecting forward-thinking businesses, innovators and industry leaders to consumers, entrepreneurs, students, and enthusiasts.
QITCOM is made up of a number of different elements such as exhibitions, awards, and signature offerings aimed at mirroring the aspirations and growth potential of Qatar’s ICT sector. The conference will feature respected global ICT leaders and thinkers discussing global ICT developments, emerging technologies and opportunities in the regional market.
The three-day event will include keynote speeches, talks and panel discussions from global thought leaders, scholars, innovators and academics, across all ICT disciplines under the following themes:
Day 1- Building a Networked Society: Social Media for Social Impact
The theme looks at how social media is impacting our lives and what we, as the ICT community can do to harness this potential.
Day 2- The Cornerstone of Innovation in Broadband & Broadcast: Satellite’s Impact on Society
The theme explores Qatar’s various technological advancements in satellite, broadband and broadcast and its impact on the media landscape.
Day 3- Fostering Innovation: A Culture of Entrepreneurship
The theme of the final day will focus on start-up culture and Qatar’s commitment to innovation and entrepreneurship.
In addition, QITCOM will also host a number of ICT-related activities such as:
- QITCOM Awards – a program designed to incentivize exhibitors for their efforts in successful participation and technology showcasing within QITCOM
- Innovation Theatre – a community focused installation that provides entrepreneurs and SME owners with a platform to showcase their ideas
- B2B Matchmaking – a highly focused form of B2B networking that has become a valuable and integral part of many business conferences and exhibition
- Mobile Interview Team – will produce unique vox-pops by speaking to exhibitors, speakers, delegates, visitors and award recipients to document their reactions for the use of social media
- Appathon – invites participants to join a team and create an app in 24 hours, during 3 days under the theme “Innovation on Sports”
- Corporate Treasure Hunt – powered by a custom-made online interface, the treasure hunt will generate codes and serve as the mechanism for the hunt – revealing questions, codes and clues for the team of executives, representing their companies
To find out more about the conference schedule, speakers, panelists and competitions log on to www.qitcom.qa.