Earlier in the week, as 2012 drew to a close, I found myself sitting down to produce a round up of Internet and Technology news which had caught my attention during the last two months of the year. The findings (below) contain interesting and relevant information on the social impact of the Internet and ICT in Qatar and the GCC, as well as wider global trends of interest to anyone in this space.
Stories in this in this edition which may be of particular interest include:
- Headline data from the “Arab ICT Use and Social Network Adoption report”published by the Madar Research and Development Center, in Dubai
- Google’s “Arabic web days” initiative which has been supported by Taghreedat and other partners
- New data on Facebook take up across the MENA in 2012
- Commentary on e-commerce in the region; and
- Seven major global social networking trends identified byNielsen in their “State of the Media: The Social Media Report 2012”
Did any developments catch your eye this time around?